How To Reset iPhone Without Passcode: One good thing about owning an iPhone is that you can rest assured that your data is very safe as long as you have a passcode. If someone takes your phone, they can theoretically use it, but only after all the data has been deleted – meaning the photos of you striking that crazy pose in front of the leaning tower of Pisa will never be seen by the public (it’s better so real).
There’s absolutely no way to keep your data if you’ve forgotten your passcode, so if you haven’t been locked out of your iPhone, we recommend following our steps to back up your data right away.
The second caveat is that if you want to know how to reset iPhone without passcode and computer, you need to enable the Find My iPhone feature. But just in case you didn’t know, we’ll also show you how to reset your iPhone without a passcode through iTunes from a computer.
Read on to find out how to reset iPhone without passcode.
Why You Should Reset Your iPhone If You’ve Lost Your Password
Why you should reset your iPhone if you lose your password In 2016, even the FBI couldn’t break into a locked iPhone and asked Apple to create a special iOS that would allow authorities to bypass the phone’s tight security. Apple resisted and came out with a win for data security advocates everywhere.
The reason the FBI couldn’t get into the suspect’s phone is that Apple has put in place a pretty brilliant security measure, which is that if you try and don’t enter the correct passcode on an iPhone, the device will automatically turn itself off everywhere. a minute and about a million years. This prevents outsiders from trying infinite combinations until they break them. It also means that if you lose or forget your code, you’re out of luck.
Unless it is, you know how to reset iPhone without passcode.
How To Reset iPhone Without Passcode via Find My iPhone
Resetting an iPhone without a passcode via Find My iPhone Setting up an iPhone via the Find My iPhone feature is quick and easy, but you need to erase all data on your phone. If you’ve backed up your data to iCloud, or even a computer, it won’t be that hard to restore it to your phone once you have access again. Unfortunately, if you don’t have a backup of your data, it’s impossible to access your phone without deleting it.
Just follow these steps:
- Log in to the Find My iPhone website via iCloud
- Enter your Apple ID and password – you don’t need your iPhone password, but you do need access to your Apple account
- Select your iPhone from the dropdown of the device
- Click “Erase iPhone” and confirm your decision
- Now you can access your iPhone, create a new password and recover your data
How to reset iPhone without passcode via iTunes
Reset an iPhone without a password using iTunes If you haven’t enabled the Find My iPhone feature, you can still reset your iPhone using a computer and iTunes. Similar to the Find My iPhone method, this will delete all data on your phone.
- If you have an iPhone 8, 8 Plus, or later: Press and hold the side button and one of the volume buttons until you see the Power off slider. Slide it to turn off your phone, and while holding the side button, connect your phone to your computer. Press and hold the side button until the recovery mode screen appears
- If you have an iPhone 7 or 7 Plus: Press and hold the side button until you see the Power off slider. Slide it to turn off your phone and while holding the volume down button, connect your phone to your computer. Press and hold the volume down button until the recovery mode screen appears.
- If you have an iPhone 6S or earlier: Press and hold the side button until you see the Power off slider. Slide it to turn off your phone, and while holding the Home button, connect your phone to your computer. Press and hold the Home button until the recovery mode screen appears.
When given the option to update or restore, select restore.
Now you can access your phone and reinstall your data if you have a backup.
How to reset iPhone without passcode via iCloud
Follow the steps below to erase iPhone data without a passcode via iCloud:
- Go to iCloud.com and sign in with the same Apple ID used to set up iCloud;
- Click “Find iPhone” in the selection of tools available in iCloud and click “All Devices”;
- Select your iPhone from the list;
- Then click the “Erase” button to delete all data from your iPhone. You must accept the warning message asking if you understand what you are doing;
- All your iPhone data will be erased;
- You can restore all data and settings if you have backed them up before;
How To Reset iPhone Without Passcode with iTunes via Recovery Mode
Using iTunes is the best method to erase iPhone without a passcode by putting the device into recovery mode. Below are the simple steps to follow:
- Step 1. Make sure your PC has Windows 8 or later version and the latest version of iTunes is installed on your computer;
- Step 2. Turn off your iPhone;
- Step 3. Put your iPhone into recovery mode. To do this, connect your iPhone to your computer while pressing the Side button (for iPhone X or later), the Volume Down button (for iPhone 7/7 Plus), or the bottom Home button (for iPhone 6s and earlier). press and hold until you see the recovery mode screen on your iPhone;
- Step 4. Then find your iPhone in the iTunes window;
- Step 5. Click “Restore” when you see the “Restore” or “Update” option in the iTunes window and wait for your computer to download your iPhone software to start the restore process;
- Step 6. Wait for the process to finish to erase your iPhone. The process should not take more than 15 minutes;
- Step 7. Disconnect your iPhone from the computer and now you can restore your data and settings if you have backed it up before.
How to reset iPhone without passcode with iTunes or iCloud
If you want to clean your iPhone without using iTunes or iCloud, you can do it with a third-party program. MobiKin Eraser for iOS is a reliable third-party app to erase iPhones without passwords. Here are the steps to follow to clean your iPhone using the program:
- Step 1. Download, install and launch the program on your Windows or Mac computer and connect your iPhone to the computer with a USB cable;
- Step 2. The program will automatically detect your connected iOS device;
- Step 3. Choose an erasing level according to your needs from the three levels shown in the window (High, Medium, and Low). The default recommended level is Medium;
- Step 4. Confirm the uninstall process by typing “Uninstall” in the space provided by the program;
- Step 5. Then tap on the ‘Clear’ button to start the data deletion process;
- Step 6. Wait for ‘MobiKin Eraser for iOS’ to complete the process, which should take a few minutes;
Now that I have explained how to reset iPhone without passcode before exiting, I also want to cover some of the related questions often asked by iPhone users.
How to Erase an iPhone to Remove All Content and Settings?
Here are the steps to follow to clear the iPhone of all contents and settings:
- Go to ‘Settings’;
- Scroll down and tap on ‘General’;
- Tap on ‘Transfer or Reset iPhone’;
- Then scroll down and tap ‘Erase all content and settings;
If you want to erase your iPhone to replace it with a new one, you can use iCloud storage to back up your device before erasing it. Once your iPhone has rebooted and all content and settings have been erased, you’ll have the option to set up your iPhone as new or restore it from a backup.
How To Reset iPhone Without Passcode or iTunes via iCloud?
Here’s how to reset your iPhone via iCloud without a password (if you’ve already made an iCloud backup):
- Go to iCloud.com on your computer;
- Sign in with the same Apple ID you used on the locked iPhone;
- Then choose “Settings” on the main page of iCloud.com;
- Choose ‘Restore’;
- Click on ‘Restore’ after choosing the last backup made;
You can also use the above steps to factory reset your locked iPhone without iTunes.
How To Reset iPhone Without Passcode And Computer?
Here’s how to reset iPhone without passcode and computer:
- Log in to ‘Find My iPhone’ via iCloud;
- Enter your Apple account with Apple ID and password;
- Select your iPhone from the drop-down list of the device;
- Click on “Erase iPhone” and confirm your choice;
- Now open your iPhone and create a new password;
- Restore your data with the previous backup on iCloud or a computer;
Can you factory reset your iPhone without an iCloud password?
You can reset or erase an iPhone without an iCloud password under Settings. But it requires turning off the “Find My iPhone” feature on your iPhone.
You may also like to read this related post: How to Unlock a Disabled iPhone
Now that you know the most effective methods to reset iPhone without passcode, you can select the suitable one according to your specific situation. However, before you start erasing your iPhone, we recommend that you backup your iPhone using iTunes, iCloud, or a reliable third-party tool.
Another important point to keep in mind for the future – since the reset process erases everything on your iPhone, you should store your passcode somewhere safe to avoid unwanted situations in case you forget your passcode.
I am Mr. 9jaboizgist, a dedicated content writer and the proud owner of 9jaboizgist, a versatile blog covering a wide array of topics. With a passion for blogging and a knack for delivering up-to-the-minute information, I specialize in curating engaging content in the fields of technology, business, finance, banking, loans, insurance, and the Internet.